Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Recipe of the Week/Italian Red Potatoes

I love to cook!! I wish I was better at it, and I really wish I did it more often. I found the following recipe the other day and loved it! It was an easy side dish to prepare, and for those counting calories, not too bad on the waistline. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Italian Red-Skin Potatoes

Ingredients:
-2-3 lbs red potatoes (This should be adjusted per family. With just two of us, 2 pounds gave us enough to have for dinner and the next 2 days.)
-1 packet zesty Italian dressing mix
-extra virgin olive oil
-minced onion
-salt/pepper (to taste)
-grated parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Cube red potatoes with skin left on. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add packet of zesty Italian dressing mix and stir to coat. Add minced onions for flavor and salt and pepper to taste. Put in single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top and bake another 2-3 minutes.

Nick and I had this for dinner with Italian sausages with sautéed  onions and peppers. It was a very yummy meal! Enjoy!

1 comment: